Monday, June 24, 2013

Rest of Last Week

Failed to post daily after Tuesday this week. Filling in the rest of the week now.

Wednesday
Rest Day
Went to the gym and rode the airdyne for 30 minutes or so then did about 45 minutes of mobility. Still trying to work out the knots in my calves from those double unders.

Thursday
A. Snatch Grip RDL 2.2.2.2 (165, 180, 190, 205)
B. OHS @ 33X1 3x5 (180, 190, 205)
C. Butterfly CTB Pullups 4x10-12
D. 75 GHD Situps for time (2:47)

Changed the snatch balances in the programming to RDLs to work on my lower back strength and some pulling ability.  The OHS involved a 3 second descent and a 3 second pause at the bottom. Really was good to work on the stability. Legs were never a problem here. Butterfly CTB felt way better than they ever have.  The GHD situps were done in 40, 18, 17. The breaks in between sets just being a few seconds resting at the top to catch my breath and curb the dizziness. Hip flexors have been tight ever since.

Friday
A. Squat Cleans complete 5 reps at 255, 3 reps at 270.
+
5 rounds
5 Squat Cleans @ 225
50 Double Unders
(9:53)

Cleans felt great. No misses, worked on pulling higher on my hips.  The conditioning piece came down to keeping the rest between cleans as short as possible. Double Unders were unbroken each round.

Saturday
Run 1 mile @ 80% (6:34)
Row 2k @ 90% (7:52)
Run 1 mile @ 95% (7:28)
*no rest in between efforts*

These percentages are perceived rate of effort. Micah suggested that 80% be equivalent to what I would do for a 1:1 work rest ratio. With this in mind, I am happy with my first mile time and definitely felt like I could have repeated it with rest. However, the 2k row was far from rest, and the last two parts of the workout became about trying to hang on at a fast pace. I should definitely be able to knock off at least 30-45 seconds off that row once I am at the level I want to be at. The last run could have been under 7, my calves just started to seize up from the double unders on Friday.  Doing this at the track with everyone was a blast. Hope to do more of the running workouts there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment