Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6/18/13

Had a test today, so was a little burnt out when training rolled around.  However, we had 8 people all doing the work together, so the environment brought me back up and we had a good session.

Warm-up:
3 mins of Airdyne
3 rounds not for time of:
8 GHD Situps
8 Back extensions
6 Butterfly Chest to Bar Pullups
3 Strict HSPU + 5 Kipping HSPU

A. Deadlift 2.2.2.1.1.1 (407, 417, 377, 377, 377, 377)
Something tweaked in my side/lower back area (I should probably have a better anatomical description of that based off of my studies) and backed down for the last four sets out of fear of injuring something. Hopefully can do the deadlifts next week at 405-415 without any trouble.

B. EMOM 10: 2 Touch and Go Power Clean + Push Jerk at 70%
Did these at 185.  Second set I missed my second jerk forward, so on set three I finished the second rep with two jerks.  Everything else felt pretty good. Need to work on positioning coming from overhead back down to the hips. Probably should try bypassing the shoulders on the way down. Felt slightly off balance on a couple.

C. 3 Rounds for time of
     15 HSPU
     30 KB Swings 70#
     500m Row

Took me 14:24, and I finished right behind Chandler. Was trying to keep pace with him as best I could, but my back/side wasn't letting me hold onto the kettlebell on the last set and I couldn't catch up. HSPU felt surprisingly good. Rows could have been a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment